Course Target group : Completed advanced welding course or shall be able to perform welding in 4G position in all SMAW, GTAW, GMAW & FCAW Processes.
Course Overview/Objectives :
This course is design to learn knowledge and practical skills in pipe welding on groove weld in various welding processes such as SMAW, GMAW, GTAW & FCAW. Upon completion of this course, candidate will be able to perform complete pipe welding on various jobs up to 5G & 6G position.
- Discuss three general categories of pipe welds, including how they are used and what type of weld root penetration and strength they required
- Explain the importance of Joint Preparation, Pipe End Cleaning, and Welding the Root Pass
- Discuss the preparation needed before welding pipe
- Explain the importance of not having arc strikes outside of the weld groove on pipe welds
- Explain the purpose of a hot pass
- Discuss the Root Pass Troubleshooting, and Techniques for Welding Hot Pass
- Discuss the Techniques for Welding Fill and Cap, Setting the Current, and Preventing Cracking
- Demonstrate the ability in welding in the 5G and 6G positions, with the SMAW, GTAW, GMAW & FCAW processes on Pipe
- Qualification on Pipe in 6G positions , with SMAW, GTAW, GMAW & FCAW processes.