Course Target group : Welding supervisor/Inspector/Engineer/Welder with min 5 years experience
Course Overview/Objectives :
This course is design to learn knowledge and practical skills in welding inspection. Upon completion of this course, candidate will be able to carry out all welding inspection.
- General Safety, Accident and its Causes, Safety Precautions. Safety in Welding, Precautions in
- Welding (Before, During and After)
- Welding Machines, Polarity and its types, Welding Processes, Types of Joints
- Weld edge preparation (Root gap, Root face, Groove Angle), Method of WEP
- Various types of Electrodes/Consumable and its uses.
- Different types of Welding Position and its process to perform Welding,
- Introduction of GMAW/SMAW/FCAW/SAW its Limitation and Advantage in today’s industry.
- GMAW/SMAW/FCAW/SAW equipment set-up and various shielding gases used.
- Consumables used for GMAW/SMAW/FCAW/SAW on various materials.
- Various advance welding Processes its equipment set-up….advantage and uses.
- Solution for matching welding joints done by more than 2 operators using different welding.
- Knowledge of Non-destructive test of weld and material (RT, MPI, LPT, UT)
- Welding discontinuity and its remedies.
- Knowledge on welding inspection, welding code, welder certification and procedure qualification.
- Practical demonstration on various process used on site with correct working practice.
- Knowledge of various codes such as ASME Sec. IX, AWS D1.1, API 1104.
- On job corrective method and various exercises on job.
- Explain and identify welding terms and definitions
- Explain how to specify various weld types and nondestructive testing properly -using standard AWS welding symbols
- Explain basic ferrous welding metallurgy
- Welding on dissimilar materials
- Describe post weld heat treatments & its design, residual stresses ,welding quality control
- Explain common weld defects, causes, and corrective actions
- Identify major considerations when designing a weld
- Weld ability of metals, testing and inspection techniques.
- Weld Design, Development, Planning, Production and produce quality welds, reliably economically.
- Estimation of welding job- design the repairing & rebuild job, calculate the quantity of consumables, choice of electrode as per the parent material specification and working load.
Practical intensive exercises – (One Day)
- RT Film interpretation
- Liquid Penetrant Testing
- Making of Welding Procedure and qualification Record
- Making of welder certification as per various international code.
- Preparation of Various On-Job Inspection Report
- Inspection of Welding